South East BCU covers the London Boroughs of Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham.
South East BCU LGBT – Public Facebook Page covering the London Boroughs of Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham. Facilitated by the Rainbow Boroughs Project.
Bexley Census 2021 Local Mapping
Greenwich Census 2021 Local Mapping
Lewisham Census 2021 Local Mapping
Bexley – currently no forum covering Bexley
Greenwich LGBT+ Forum – Private Facebook Group currently paused.
Lewisham LGBT+ Forum – Private Facebook Group currently paused.
Lewisham LGBT+ Forum run by Cllr James Walsh
In an emergency you can contact the police by calling 999, if it is not an emergency you can call them using 101.
British Transport Police – covers public transport services across the UK.
Metropolitian Police Service – covers the London region (excluding the City of London which is covered by the City of London Police).
True Vision – national police hate crime reporting website.
Royal Greenwich Council
Switchboard LGBT+ Helpline – 0300 330 0630 open 10 am to 10 pm 365 days of the year. Run by LGBT+ volunteers for the LGBT+ community.
Galop – the LGBT+ anti-violence charity
0800 999 5428 LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline email firstname.lastname@example.org
0800 130 3335 Conversion Threrapy Helpline email CThelp@galop.org.uk
020 7704 2040 LGBT+ Hate Crime Helpline email email@example.com
17-24-30 National Hate Crime Awareness Week (1184819) is based in Lewisham. The anti-hate crime charity that organises the April Acts of Remembrance, an annual H.O.P.E. Campaign, October’s National Hate Crime Awareness Week and our Rainbow Boroughs Project (see listing below if interested in volunteering).
Corner New Cross – a Lewisham LGBTQ+ run neighbourhood coffee shop, and creative space. Open Tuesday to Sunday.
117 New Cross Road, London SE14 5DJ
George and Dragon – Greenwich.
2 Black heath Hill, Greenwich, London SE10 8DE
Havens LGBT Social group – Bexley. Facebok page not updated since 2017.
Queer House Party – hosts online zoom parties. For more infromation visit their Facebook page.
LGBT Online Book Club – meets online via zoom on the last Monday of each month. No set text – read whatever you like (fiction, biography, young adult, queer theory, graphic novels, audiobooks etc) as long as there is a link to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning/queer or intersex topics – whether that’s the plot line, author, characters, theme etc. Come along and share what you are reading.
London Trans And Gender non-conforming Swimming Group (TAGS) – is an internationally-recognised swimming group providing safe and inclusive swimming for the Transgender and Non-binary community in Lewisham. TAGS was established in 2014
Metro Charity – equality and diversity charity providing healthg, community and youth services.
- Advice and advocacy – help for LGBTQ+ people who live in London, to understand your rights, fill in forms and access services.
- e-PrEP programme – sexual health videos and support for Latin American men and Women in England.
- Free condoms for young people – includes Bexley and Greenwich.
- Free home chlamydia tests – includes Bexley and Greenwich.
- Free home STI tests – includes Bexley and Greenwich.
- HIV testing for men who have sex with men – HIV prevention services for men who have sex with men in London.
- HIV testing for people born overseas – HIV prevention services for migrant communities living in London.
- Lewisham Proud and Well – wellbeing service for Lewisham LGBTQ+ residents.
- LGBTQ+ Counselling for young people – free one-to-one therapy for LGBTQ+ young people in London.
- Metro Inside Out – social group run by and for LGBTQ+ people of colour aged between 16-25.
- Metro Live – youth group for LGBTQ+ people aged between 16 to 25 in Lewisham.
- Metro PPC youth groups – for young people living with or affected by HIV in South London.
- Metro Shine – youth group for LGBTQ+ people aged between 16 and 25 in Bexley and Greenwich.
- Metro Transcend – fornightly social for trans and non-binary young people.
- Metro Zest – youth group for LGBTQ+ people aged under 16 includes Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham.
- Metro Walnut – a peer support group for LGBTQ people with prostrate cancer.
- Positve Mind workshops – for people living with HIV in London.
- Sexual Health Advice Helpline – includes Bexley, Greenwich and South West London.
- Walk-in sexual health clinics – STI tests, contraception and free condoms in Greenwich.
- +PALS HIV Support Group – a social group for gay and bisexual men who are living with HIV in London.
Metro New Cross, 15 Amersham Vale, Lodnon SE14 6LE
The Llama’s Head – LGBT Bar situated with the Chicaa Peruvian Restaurant, Lewisham. Host regular Drag Brunches and lots of camp events. Open Wed – Fri 5 pm to late: Sat 4 pm to late.
22 Loampit Hill, London SE13 7SW
Rainbow Boroughs Project – weekly volunteer sessions supporting the work of the anti-hate crime charity 17-24-30 NationalHCAW (1184819) on Mondays and Tuesdays between 10 am to 5 pm. New Cross Gate.
Smash Hits London – a friendly, socialble and competitive LGBT+ badminton club.
Meets weekly at Prendergast Vale College.
Triangle LGBTQ+ Cultural Centre – Parlour Gallery, Gentleman Jacks Queer Social Club & Cinema, Triangle Studios plus art, craft & LGBTQ+ history workshops. Opens Summer 2022
32-34 Watsons Street, Deptford Se8 4RU.
Ye Olde Rose and Crown – traditional pub with live shows and music. LGBTQ friendly
1 Crooms Hill, Greenwich, SE10 8ER
Council Voluntary Sector organisations.
Metro Gavs – Greenwich CVS